Sunday, January 11, 2009

Super Scary!

Uhhh, whoa.

So earlier this morning I bought a small bottle of what I believed to be super glue at Lotte Mart. My hope was to find something that would provided a decent enough bond to hold together the small strap that broke on my watch band. . .not a big deal but it's pretty annoying flopping around so I'd rather have it on or off, not halfway. . .so I figured I'd give glue a shot.

Well, I just opened the glue and applied a few drops to the watch band and it started smoking! Not a big plume of black smoke or anything but a slow steady stream of stinky smoke did rise off the leather. . . um, I can't imagine that being good! It stopped after no more than a second and I applied a bit more with out further consequences but either way. . . is that normal?!

No clue what happened but as for now I've stashed it safely away from anything else on a counter top. The only reason I thought I'd share is in case I don't make it to tomorrow morning, I'd appreciate it if someone would take up a law suit against the glue company. I'll leave the packaging somewhere it can be found.

Thank you! Be safe!

No comments: