Sunday, August 17, 2008

Final Interview?!

So. . . . after a month or so of communicating with our recruiter, Adventure Teaching, and numerous S. Korean schools, I have what I hope will be my last interview planned for tomorrow morning at 7:00am! I say hopefully because I have already talked to a number of different schools and received offers from each, only to have them all revoked as the positions were quickly filled by someone currently in the country, ugh!

Tomorrow both Nate (a friend from late elementary school on, EL!) and I will speak with a representative from Do Your Best, a S. Korean "after school academy for learning English." Supposedly five of the six teachers that have been placed there "really enjoyed it," the sixth dropped out of the program for visa related reasons. With only a month+ of research into S. Korean schools it is still hard to really differentiate between different schools based on anything other than working hours, pay and proximity to Seoul.

As DYB seems to do well in these three categories I'd like to give it a shot and get over there as soon as possible! Nate and I had originally hoped to be in S. Korea by early September, which is a deadline that, if DYB accepts us, we might be able to meet as they want us there by the end of the week (scary/exciting)!!

So. . . as I said. . . .fingers crossed for tomorrow. . . .the longer we spend waiting around here the later we delay our eventual return to the States, which yes, I do plan on doing, for a number of reasons ;-). More to come soon I guess!!

Thanks to everyone that checks in on me!! Any and all of your support/advice/suggestions/comments/information/feedback is extremely appreciated!!

Have a great year, 'cause Adam's Going to Asia!! (maybe. . . .)

No comments: