Monday, August 18, 2008

WEBCAM!?!?!

Well I figured that walking up at 6:30am should provide me with more than enough time to have a bowl of cereal, check my e-mail and write down a couple prep questions for my 7:00am interview. . . .That was before I received the following e-mail at 6:55am...

Hello guys,

My name is Dok-Hoon. And, I'm an assistant manager of Adventure Teaching. I hope not it's too short notice. The interview will be the webcam interviews. And, the interviewer will ask you to show some of your teaching skill. When they ask you to do, I hope not you're embarrassed. Please find the attachment as references.

At the interview time, please invite her as a friend in MSN messanger, and start the webcam chatting for the interview.

I hope you guys could have a good time with them, and look forward to talking to you after the interview.

Talk to you soon,

Dok Hoon

Now a webcam interview does not seem like that big of a deal right? Well it is if your only knowledge of it comes five minutes before you are supposed to be conducting one! Beside the fact that I do not have MSN Messenger (and do not think it is compatible with my mac) as Nate suggested "I would need to shave, shower, get a hair cut and not have it be at 7:00am" in order to be fully prepared!

I'm not really that upset as the webcam interview is simply not an option right now! I almost find the situation funny in a ridiculous sort of way. . . .though I hope this does not mean a lost opportunity. Although if it does. . . .who knows, perhaps it will be for the better!

For now I'll wait to hear back from Dok Hoon who has promised to contact DYB and see what we can work out in terms of conducting a, oh, normal, interview!?! Update to follow. . .

No comments: