Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's Snowing!

On the way to the bank this morning to set up savings accounts, I mentioned to Nate that yesterday I heard about snow possibly being in today's forecast. He dismissed this comment noting the blue sky and the dryness of the air. Besides, at around noon today it wasn't half as cold as it was yesterday at any point!

After an hour at the bank, we returned back to the out of doors only to find that the sky had entirely clouded over and the air had grown heavy with moisture. We quickly darted down the street to our favorite lunch spot for steamed kimchi. About halfway through our meal, we glanced outside and noticed that flurries had begun! While nothing was sticking to the ground, it was undeniable that there was snow in the air!

Waking out in to the darkened day, we were greeted by more of a cold rain then snow. However, as I walked, I noticed that little white flakes were in fact accumulating on my fleece!

Now, as I sit and stare out my newly opened window, it is clear that winter has arrived. Fully fledged snow is swirling all around my fourth floor window. . .whether or not it makes it to the ground is not for me to worry about, because, while it's up here, it's snow!

Happy Winter

No comments: