Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"Mr. Song" by Junggye Branch

Mr. Song
by DYB Junggye Branch

[Adapted from and sung to the tune of "Mr. Jones" by Counting Crows]
I was down in Daechi-dong staring at this blonde-haired girl
Mr. Song strikes up a conversation with a black-haired arirang dancer
She dances while her father teaches hanguel, to native teachers
We all want to learn hanguel, man, I wish I knew hanguel

So I go to English hogwan in morning
Sha la la la la la la la yeah uh huh...
Caught up, with Cleo, taught me some o' them Hangeul phrases like
Nanun ee hagwonee choayo (나 는 이 학원이 좋아요)

So pass me the soju, Mr. Song
Believe in me. Help me believe in D-Y-B
'Cause I want to be someone who achieves yeeah

Mr. Song and me read each other Time magazine and we
Teach all the beautiful children
"They're learning from you. Ah, no, now they're learning from me."
Smiling in the classroom, doing my best to keep control and
When all the children love you, it's not about the money
I wanna paint my picture. Paint myself in D, Y, B you see
All of the wonderful teachers are very meaningful
Mr. Song is my favorite teacher, I felt so wonderful yesterday
If I knew Lee Myung-bak I would have him give the man an award and say

Mr. Song and me look into the future
See all the beautiful children
"They're learning from you. Yeah I think they're learning from we."
Standing in the classroom, I'm glad to be in Choisun
Well all the children love me, it's not about the money

It's not about the money, no
Not about the mooooneeeyy

I want to be Korean. Yeah, everybody wants to play as Reds.
We all want to be Choisun stars, but we got good reasons for that.
Believe in me because I believe in DYB
And I want to be someone to achieve, to achieve, to achieve yeeeah.

Mr. Song and me stumbling through the norebong
Yeah we stare at the beautiful teachers
"They're perfect for you, man, they're perfect for DYB."
I want to be Big Bang
Mr. Song wishes he was someone just a little more funky
Well everybody loves you, Mr. Song, that's just about as funky as you can be.

Mr. Song and me staring at the video
When I look at the television, I want to see Song staring right back at me.
We all want to be teachers, but we all know why, and we all know how.
Because all the children love me, Choisiun makes me as happy as I can be.
Mr. Song and me. . . we all love D. Y. B.

No comments: