Saturday, December 20, 2008

Quick Update

Just a quick update here to catch you up and leave you hanging as I'm not sure how much time I'll have to write this upcoming week.

This past week we covered Superb Speaking/Writing Unit 8 in the majority of my classes, meaning we have finished the Superb series book. While this is exciting in that I don't have to deal with it ever again, it's also a bit unnerving as I am unsure of what the following week holds. From what I imagine, it will be up to me to design and implement actual 'lessons.' I surmise this based on Nate receiving such instructions from his Korean teachers. Mine. . .well, this week I worked with a new teacher who replaced Moon Young and a substitute in Anna's class. . .in turn, I have no clue what I'm supposed to be doing next week as neither of them informed me of anything.

I know what you're thinking, 'just do some Christmas lessons for the week, duh.' Well, I wish it were that simple. . . first off, if you have any idea how to take up two hours with Christmas lessons, please, enlighten me, I'd be happy to implement anything you suggest. On top of having to do actual 'lesson planning,' I will have only Monday morning to actually prepare.

Why not tomorrow? Well, because Joseph decided that we should go skiing tomorrow! Now don't get me wrong, I am extremely excited to get up on a mountain tomorrow even though I hear most of the snow in Korea is icy man made bits. . .but whatever, it's not in Seoul and it's not teaching!

Why not lesson plan all Saturday then? Well because I spent the majority of the day at our final DYB Song practice! Due to Razer's obscene compulsiveness we spent four hours in the studio 'mastering' a song that we have become no better at than we were six weeks ago. Sure, it's fun, but I could think of other ways to spend my Saturday. . .like, I dunno, playing, another song during the course of two hours!?! Anyways, video from our final practice soon to come, thanks to Nate's wonderful cinematography.

Also, on a lighter note, we were given our schedules for Winter Intensive this past week. Printing them out, Joseph reassured us that they were excellent schedules; I'm pretty sure he had a hand in creating them. This, thankfully, is true! I'll post 'em later and talk about it a bit but lets just say for the next two months I'll be living on a schedule that much more resembles a human being rather than an after school drug dealer.

Anyways, that's all I have time for now, gotta get to bed, Joseph's picking us up at nine tomorrow to head up. . .while, we're actually not sure where we're going. But as long as they have board rentals, it's fine with me!

Family comes in this coming Friday/Saturday so I'll probably have even less time to write then. . .unless someone wants to do guest blogging again for me (Dad? Jay? Thanks!?).

Hope you're having a fun weekend!

No comments: